Monday, November 29, 2010

The Great Wall



Hello everyone and happy Monday morning. We are counting down the days. Only 4 more days to go in Beijing....we leave Friday morning for Gounzhou and I am sooooo ready. Then 1 more week...then home!

I am so sorry I can only download 2 pictures. The "tape" on my camera just gave out on me so I can't get it to stay stuck to download any other pictures at the moment. Bummer. Internet cafe does not come equiped with tape.

Anyway, Hannah climbed the Great Wall with Paul Saturday. It was so exciting. They had 1.5 hours to climb and they did it just in the nick of time with 1 other woman. The other group in town for 1 day joined us for the tour and everyone ended up back on the bus within at least an hour but Paul, Hannah and another women made it to the 7th guard tour. I have an awesome picture of Hannah with a huge smile on her face getting on the bus with everyone clapping. It was really awesome. Sophia and I climbed the first 5 stairs. So we are still called "heros". It was super fun. Yesterday was a free day and we just stayed in the hotel room and rested. However, we started to get cabin fever and ended up walking around Beijing a bit...but not too far as it was so darn cold.

Today we visited the Temple of Heaven and although it was colder, I thought, than any other days it was a fun trip. I have really excellent pictures that I will try to download again in the next day or two. Oh, Paul was very tempted to purchase a "real" Rolex for $50.00. Ha, too funny!!!!!!!

I hope everyone is well. I hope you all had a great Black Friday shopping day......So sad I missed it. First one in my adulthood that I have missed. We miss you terribly and want to come home so bad. We are going to a museum tomorrow and then we hope Olympic Village.

Sophia's diet is very challenging. But, I know He would never have led us to Sophia if He didn't think we could handle it. I am having to make many decisions about her diet that I just have no real idea what I am doing. Everytime I think I know what I am doing, I am faced with all these other questions. The Chinese to English translation is just not working and I am praying every day she will be ok until we get home. She is just such a sweetie, with giant almond eyes and a smile to match. Much love!

Miss you! Love, The Ellig family!!! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment